Lemon Herb Chicken with Greek Salad
- Start by rinsing all of your vegetables. Once rinsed, slice the Cherry Tomatoes in half lengthwise and place them into a mixing bowl. You’ll only need 10 or 15, so feel free to save the rest for a light snack later on.
- To cut the Cucumber, remove both ends, then cut into quarters lengthwise. Remove the seeds by laying the quartered wedges flat on one side and run your knife diagonally down the length of the seedy portion. Be sure not to remove too much of the “meaty” part of the Cucumber. Discard the seed sections, then dice the Cucumber wedges into ¼ inch chunks and add them to the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Remove both ends from your Shallot, then cut in half through the flat ends and peel of the skin. Lay either half of the Shallot flat and cut into very thin slices and add to the veggie bowl.
- Measure out ½ Cup of Pine Nuts and add to the bowl.
- Measure out 1 Cup of Low-Fat Feta Cheese and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Oregano and 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Dill and add to the bowl.
- Measure out 1 Tablespoon of Cider Vinegar, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of Black Pepper, then add the to bowl.
- Take one Lemon and zest the peel over your bowl of veggies. Then cut the Lemon in half and squeeze one half of the juice into the bowl.
- Use a serving spoon to gently mix your veggies around so that they are evenly mixed and the “sauce” has covered everything. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place a large baking dish or tray in the oven to get hot. It should be big enough to fit all your Chicken Breasts. Start by wrapping each breast in a paper towel to remove any excess liquid. Once dry, lightly season each with a pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- Roughly chop another tablespoon of each Dill and Oregano and place into a small dish. Rough chop 3 cloves of Garlic and add to the herbs. Zest the other Lemon into the herb dish and set aside. Cut the Lemon in half and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan with 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Once the pan is hot, add your Chicken Breast one at a time and make sure they have about an inch of space between them. Sprinkle some of the lemon herb and garlic mix on the uncooked side of the chicken and gently press it into the meat a bit. If your pan is too small, just sear one at a time and set them onto a plate once the first side of each one is seared. Once the first side of the Chicken has been seared, about 2 minutes, flip it and sear the other side for another 2 minutes or so. This will also gently cook the herbs and garlic to bring out the flavor.
- Once all your Chicken Breasts are seared, place them into the preheated baking dish, herb side up, and cook them in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. It should take 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness. (If you do not have a thermometer, you can cut into the middle of the thickest breast and check it internally. If you see any pink, it is not done. It should be white, but still a bit juicy.)
- Once fully cooked, remove Chicken Breasts from the pan and transfer to a plate or resting rack to cool.
- Once cooled, add about 1 ½ Cups of the Greek Salad mix to a plate of bowl. Slice your chicken into strips or chunks depending on your preference, and place them on top of the salad. Squeeze the remaining Lemon Wedge over the dish and enjoy!