On The Go Breakfast Burritos
3 each Red Potatoes, small dice
1 each Bell Pepper (any color), small dice
1 each Yellow Onion, small dice
2 Cups Spinach
4 each Sausage Patties or Faux Sausage Patties
1 Cup Egg Whites
1 tsp Olive Oil
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch circles, then cut them into ¼ inch cubes. Heat a pan with 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil over medium heat and add the diced potatoes to the pan. Stir them around to make sure they get coated in a thin layer of oil to prevent burning. Cover the pan with a lid to create steam and continue cooking the potatoes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Dice the onion by removing both ends, then slicing it in half through the root ends. Cut the onion into ¼ inch slices, then rotate the onion and slice the other way to create ¼ inch dices. Add them to the pan and cook with the potatoes.
- Cut the Bell Pepper by removing the top. Pull out the center seeds with your fingers, then remove as much of the white pith as you can. Turn the Pepper upside down over the garbage and lightly tap the bottom to knock any extra seeds loose. Cut the pepper in half through the bottom, then cut it into ¼ inch slices. Dice the slices into ¼ inch pieces and add them to the pan.
- Add Sausage Patties to the pan and break them into smaller chunks as they cook. Faux Sausage is usually already pre-cooked, so you’ll only need to heat them until they are hot enough to eat. Raw Sausage Patties will need to be cooked until fully browned.
- Add the Spinach to the pan and cook until wilted.
- Turn heat to medium-low then add the Egg Whites. If you are using whole eggs, separate the yolk from the whites by cracking 6 eggs into a bowl, then gently scooping the yolks out with your loosely cupped hand or half of an eggshell. You can also use liquid egg whites in a carton if you are going for simplicity. Season with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Once the Egg Whites are in the pan, let them cook for about 20 seconds before stirring. This will help you get nice chunks of Egg instead of little pieces. You can also cook the eggs separately in another pan if your wish.
- Heat a tortilla in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to get it moist and warm. Add about 1/3 of the burrito filling into the tortilla right in the center. Fold the sides into the middle nice and tight against the filling, the fold the bottom flap all the way over the filling, tight once again, then roll it the rest of the way, tucking in any extra flaps as you roll. Now you’re ready to enjoy, or wrap it in tin foil and freeze until your ready to eat again!
- To reheat, place in the oven at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until warm in the middle. You can also microwave it instead, but be sure to remove it from the tin foil first.