Black Bean Patties
28oz Canned No/Low Sodium Black Beans
1 ea Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 ea Small Yellow Onion, diced
3 ea Garlic Cloves
2 ea Whole Eggs
½ C Oat Flour
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
8 ea Iceberg Lettuce Leaves, for lettuce wrap
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drain and rinse Black Beans, then pat dry with a paper towel. Spread Beans on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly dried out.
- Chop Red Bell Pepper by removing the stem, seeds, and pith, then cut into small dices and add to a bowl.
- Remove both ends and outer layer of onion, then cut in half through the ends. Dice Onion into small pieces then add to the bowl with the Bell Pepper.
- Roughly chop 3 Garlic Cloves, then add to the bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp Olive Oil in a medium saute pan, then cook Onion, Pepper, and Garlic for about 5-6 minutes until soft and translucent. Add Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Salt, and Pepper and stir until all veggies are coated.
- Transfer sauteed veggies to a food processor or blender and pulse until almost paste-like. Pour into a bowl and mix in the Eggs, Worcestershire Sauce, and Oat Flour.
- Add in the Black Beans and mash them with a fork, leaving some larger chunks of Beans for texture.
- Form into balls using about 1/3 Cup of mixture for each. You should end up with 6 and any leftover mix can be spread into each of the balls. Form the balls into patties then transfer patties to a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes on each side, flipping them will help both sides get that crispy texture.
- Use the Lettuce Leaves to wrap 2 of the patties for your meal. Allow the rest of the patties to cool completely, then wrap them individually with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat the frozen patties in the oven, microwave, air-fryer, or even on the grill!