Italian Chicken and Lemony Spaghetti
12oz Chicken Breast (1 large breast cut in half or 2 smaller breasts)
1 Medium Zucchini
1 ea Lemon
2 Tbsp Hard Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1.5 Tbsp Sour Cream
2ea Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Red Chili Flakes (opt)
2 tsp Italian Seasoning (opt)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, then bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the Spaghetti to the boiling water and cook for 8 minutes or until done to your liking.
- While the pasta cooks, mince the Garlic and place into a small bowl. Add the Parmesan to the bowl of Garlic, then add 1 tsp of chili flakes and 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning, if you wish to do so. If you do not enjoy the spice or flavor, you can leave out the seasonings without changing the nutritional value. Toss the Garlic, Parmesan, and Seasonings together until evenly mixed.
- Cut Chicken into 2 equal 6oz portions, or as close as possible depending on the size of the breasts. Dry the chicken with a paper towel, removing all excess chicken juice. Lay the chicken onto a foil lined sheet pan, and add a pinch of salt to each breast. Spread about ½ Tbsp of Sour Cream over the top of the Chicken Breasts, then cover the top of the Chicken with the Garlic Parmesan mixture and firmly pat it onto the Chicken so it sticks to the top.
- Place the pan of Chicken in the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes or until Chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While the Chicken is cooking, cut the Zucchini in half lengthwise, then into ½ inch thick semi-circles. Toss the cut Zucchini in 1 tsp Olive Oil and a pinch of salt. You may leave out the oil if you’d like. Heat a Sauté pan over medium high heat, then add the Zucchini and cook until lightly seared and caramelized. This should take about 5 minutes.
- While the Zucchini is searing, strain the pasta if you haven’t already, then return it to the pot off of the heat. Squeeze half of the Lemon over the pasta and mix it in.
- Once the Chicken is finished, add half of the pasta to each plate, place some Zucchini on top of the pasta, then top with the Chicken Breasts. Squeeze the other half of the Lemon over each plate and enjoy!